Organizations around the world work diligently to achieve performance excellence based on CMMI’s benchmark practices. CMMI Lead Appraisers use the Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) with thousands of organizations to confirm and publicize their accomplishments.
Whether working inside an organization as a Team Leader or as an external Lead Appraiser, SCAMPI appraisers serve a vital role in maintaining the vitality of CMMI-based improvement.
An application and a pre-course assignment are required for this course.
Applications must be received 1 month before the start of the course.
What I will learn in this course?
- Practice the skills and abilities critical to success as a SCAMPI Lead Appraiser for CMMI for Acquisition, CMMI for Development, CMMI for Services, or the PeopleCMM.
- Build proficiency with the methods used by SCAMPI Lead Appraisers.
- How to help organizations gain insight into their process capability or organizational maturity by identifying process strengths and weaknesses as related to the practices in the CMM or the PCMM.
Who should take this course?
What do I need for this course?
The course is composed of lectures and class exercises with time allotted for participant questions and discussion. The format of this course requires that students actively participate and must be present for all five days of the course. Students will be assessed on their pre-course assignment, class participation, final written assignment, and end of course exam.
Before registering for the SCAMPI Lead Appraiser Training course, students must:
- Complete a formal offering of the Introduction to CMMI course (Development or Services).
- If the Introduction to CMMI course that you attended was based on CMMI Version 1.1 or 1.2, you must successfully complete the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning course.
- Complete an Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI course.
- Submit a Lead Appraiser certification application along with all the respective documents required to enter the program.
- Be able to read, write, and speak understandable English. You will not pass this course if you cannot demonstrate this requirement. If you are a non-native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you provide your TOEFL score as demonstration of this prerequisite. Throughout the course, you will be required to present and discuss technical concepts in English.
Please see the SCAMPI Lead Appraiser Certification page
for more details.
One month before the course, registered students will receive a pre-course assignment. The assignment is to be completed in advance of the in-course instruction and will serve as input to the hands-on exercises introduced in the classroom. This assignment is designed to develop important skills and capabilities.
What do I get from this course?