This three-day course prepares and qualifies professionals to teach an Introduction to CMMI (Development, Services, or PeopleCMM) course. This course reviews the details, format, and methodologies required to facilitate the Introduction to CMMI course.
What I will learn in this course?
- How to present and facilitate the Introduction to CMMI course using common guidelines for interpreting the CMMI model.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of CMMI model content.
Who should take this course?
What do I need for this course?
The Instructor Training course is composed of lectures, exercises, candidate presentations, and work assignments that are completed before and during the week the course is offered.
Before registering for the CMMI Instructor Training course, students must:
- Complete a formal offering of the current Introduction to CMMI Development or Introduction to CMMI for Services or the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning course.
- If the Introduction to CMMI course that you attended was based on CMMI Version 1.1 or 1.2, you must successfully complete the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning course
- Complete an Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI course.
- Complete the application process to become a Certified CMMI Instructor (Development or Services).
- Be able to read, write, and speak English. You will not pass this course if you cannot demonstrate this requirement. If you are a non-native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you provide your TOEFL score as demonstration of this prerequisite. Throughout the course, you will be required to present technical concepts in English.
- Successful completion of this course is dependent upon your class participation and presentations that will be evaluated for skill and comprehension. Completion of any pre-class work that may be assigned is required. Your instructor will send any assignments to you in advance of the course.
Please refer to the CMMI Instructor
certification pages for more details.
What do I get from this course?
- A certificate of completion.
- Completed a requirement to become a CMMI Instructor.
- Once certified, the ability to teach Introduction to CMMI for Development, Introduction to CMMI for Services, or Introduction to the PeopleCMM.